Joining the international debate on obesity
Minerva represented the EC-funded I.Family Study at Europe’s foremost obesity conference in Prague, sharing in the latest thinking behind the science of obesity with healthcare policymakers and practitioners.
The four-day European Congress on Obesity (ECO) took place in the Czech capital from 6th – 9th May 2015. I.Family was one of a select few European projects invited to exhibit; communications partner Minerva attended on behalf of the project consortium and manned the exhibition stand throughout the event.
ECO was an excellent platform to enhance I.Family’s profile, whilst engaging with key researchers, opinion leaders and decision makers around the global problem of rising obesity rates.
We raised awareness of the project by networking with exhibitors, delegates and speakers. We disseminated marketing materials, made connections with other EU projects investigating healthy lifestyle & nutrition behaviours and enlisted dozens of stakeholders to our contacts database, whom we will keep updated with regular news and developments from the I.Family Study over coming years.
We also made this video:
- Knowledge #1 – Joining the international debate on obesity
- Knowledge #2 – Helping European scientists tell their stories
- Knowledge #3 – Promoting UK surgical standards
- Engagement #1 – Minerva creativity wins through at ESOF 2016
- Engagement #2 – Engaging policy makers to drive innovation
- Engagement #3 – Engaging with the media and stakeholders through training
- Impact #1 – A lifeline for dementia carers
- Impact #2 – Seeing the person first, not the problem: establishing Life Story Network’s reputation
- Impact #3 – Improving young researchers’ employment prospects